WebinarCare is led by Steve Bennett, a seasoned expert in the business world. He's gathered a team that's passionate about giving you reliable advice on everything from starting a business to picking the right tools. We base our tips and guides on real-life experience, ensuring you get straightforward and proven advice. Our goal is to make your business journey smoother and more successful. When you choose WebinarCare, you're choosing a trustworthy guide for all things business.
Are you looking to add Florist to your arsenal of tools? Maybe for your business or personal use only, whatever it is – it’s always a good idea to know more about the most important Florist statistics of 2023.
My team and I scanned the entire web and collected all the most useful Florist stats on this page. You don’t need to check any other resource on the web for any Florist statistics. All are here only 🙂
How much of an impact will Florist have on your day-to-day? or the day-to-day of your business? Should you invest in Florist? We will answer all your Florist related questions here.
Please read the page carefully and don’t miss any word. 🙂
On this page, you’ll learn about the following:
Best Florist Statistics☰ Use “CTRL+F” to quickly find statistics. There are total 121 Florist Statistics on this page 🙂
Florist Market Statistics
- By 2024, the global floral market will reach an estimated $57,400 million based on the latest floriculture statistics.
- Whereas, when it comes to plants in general, echeveria and cactus combined made up 26% of the country’s total indoor plant market.
- As noted, the latest research study has shown that the global market for ornamental plants and flowers is expected to increase at an estimated 6.3% CAGR by 2025.
- 22% of the market for the flower industry exists in Germany, whereas 15% of the revenues are typically found in the United States.
- France and the United Kingdom represent 10% of the market respectively as well.
- Washington comes in second, providing 6% of the total market.
- Only Mexico provides more than 1% of the market for all other international providers.
- The market size of the Online Flower Shops industry is expected to increase 2.8% in 2023.
- The market size of the Online Flower Shops industry in the US has grown 2.8% per year on average between 2017 and 2023.
- The compound annual growth rate of the worldwide ornamental flower and plants market is expected to increase by over 6% between 2021 and 2025.
Florist Latest Statistics
- It is estimated that more than 250 million roses are produced for Valentine’s Day.
- Easter/Passover 9% 6% Thanksgiving 8% 8%.
- In 2019, 28 percent of American adults (37% of men, 19% of women).
- Significant other 24% 24% 23% Mother.
- 23% 16% 34% Child 15% 11% 21% Friend 12% 6% 23% Self 9% 5% 16%.
- 77.2% of all Florists are women, while22.8%aremen.
- The most common ethnicity of Florists is White (80.9%), followed by Hispanic or Latino (11.8%) and Asian (4.1%).
- In 2021, women earned 89% of what men earned.
- The top 10% of highest paid Florists earn as much as $85,000 or more.
- Comparatively, there are 11.8% of the Hispanic or Latino ethnicity and 4.1% of the Asian ethnicity.
- White, 80.9% Hispanic or Latino, 11.8% Asian, 4.1% Black or African American, 1.5% Unknown, 1.1% American Indian and Alaska Native, 0.6%.
- Interestingly enough, the average age of Florists is 40+ years old, which represents 82% of the population.
- 36% of Florists earn that degree.
- A close second is High School Diploma with 31% and rounding it off is Associate Degree with 20%.
- Bachelors, 36% High School Diploma, 31% Associate, 20% Diploma, 6%.
- Other Degrees, 7% Florist Wage Gap By Education.
- By looking over 6,159 Florists resumes, we figured out that the average Florist enjoys staying at their job for 1 2 years for a percentage of 32%.
- Clothes Designer 17.98% Interior Designer/Project Manager 17.34% Scenic Arts Supervisor 12.87% Creative Services Coordinator 12.14% Photo Editor 11.70% Florist 11.46% Picture Framer 10.60% Profession.
- The most common foreign language among Florists is Spanish at 62.0%.
- The secondmost popular foreign language spoken is French at 10.5% and Portuguese is the third most popular at 3.5%.
- Spanish, 62.0% French, 10.5% Portuguese, 3.5% German, 3.5% Italian, 3.5%.
- It’s estimated the floral industry in the US isworth $5 billion.
- The US online flower shop industrygrew by 8.5% between 2015–2020.
- Floral designers in the US earn an estimated$13.48 per hour.
- Colombia supplies70% of the flowers soldin the US.
- 69% of all Mother’s Day giftsin 2018 were flowers.
- 32% of mothers want flowersfor Mother’s Day.
- These same horticulture industry statistics also reveal that, in 2019, roses accounted for a substantial share of 31.3%.
- Due to challenging conditions over the last five years, the country’s flower retailing industry has only been growing at a 0.5% rate between 2015 and 2020.
- According to data, there are 2,822 flower retailing companies in Canada, which together include around 5,054 employees.
- Unfortunately, the country’s cut flower industry is declining at a steady pace, with a 5.1% median industry growth rate from 2015 to 2020.
- In August 2020, it was only 70% of the average.
- As the orchid industry statistics from 2018 show, those exports bring an estimated 2.5 billion baht to Thailand per year.
- While an estimated 40% of orchid production in Thailand is exported, the remaining 60% is used domestically.
- Based on the floral industry statistics from 2020, there are 31,663 floral businesses in the country, with an estimated 65,339 workers.
- Unfortunately, the US’s average industry growth for the 2015 2020 period decreased by 6.3%.
- According to the BLS’ 2019 floriculture industry statistics in the US, there were 51,800 jobs available in the floral designer sector that year.
- Unfortunately, the job outlook is not favorable, with estimates showing a 20% decline for the 2019–2029 period.
- As statistics on the flower industry reveal, 65% of American customers like getting flowers.
- Moreover, 60% of people believe a floral gift has a deeper meaning.
- Based on a 2020 survey that asked mothers what they wanted to receive as a gift for Mother’s Day, 40% answered “dinner,” while 33% said they’d prefer a gift card.
- Horticulture industry trends also note that flowers followed with 32%, compared to only 19% in 2020.
- Despite the Coronavirus pandemic, the global demand for cut flowers, which was estimated to be worth $29.2 billion in 2020, is expected to grow to $41.1 billion by 2027.
- Interestingly, in 2020, the demand for cut flowers in the US was estimated to be worth $7.9 billion.
- It’s an industry that’s seeing stability but not necessarily growth – IBISWorld states that average industry growth from 2014.
- Bricks and mortar flower shops appear to just be staying the course in Australia, but online flower shops have grown 5.1% in the period between 2015 and 2020.
- According to its data, the industry reached an employment level of 7500 people in 2019 and is projected to increase to 7800 by 2024.
- Job Outlook reports that 48% of florists work full time.
- According to IBISWorld, flowers are a $673 million industry in Canada.
- In the period from 20142019, IBISWorld reported average industry growth of.
- According to their data, which records 3, 039 flower businesses, 66.6% of flower businesses are classified as a “micro” business, with 1.
- 33.3% are small businesses of 599 employees, and only .1% of flower businesses counting as medium businesses with 100.
- According to its data, there are 14,178 florist businesses in Britain, which employ 20,751 people.
- The floral industry remained relatively stable over the past 5 years, with industry growth resting at 0.8%.
- Their data found that 26.3% of florists were fulltime employees, 53.3% were parttime and 20.4% were self.
- According to IBISWorld, flowers are a $7 billion industry, with 32, 370 businesses and 74, 787 people employed.
- IBISWorld reports an average industry growth of 1.8% from 2014.
- By contrast, during the same period, IBISWorld reports that online flower shops have grown 11.8%.
- According to 2019 data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the median pay for a florist is $28,040; which translates to $13.48 per hour.
- 24% of people employed in the industry are self employed, 49% work for florists and 11% worked for “food and beverage stores.”.
- The Bureau of Labor Statistics says there were 55,000 jobs in 2018, but that employment would fall by 14% from 2018.
- Although there have been down years in the past two decades, the industry has experienced 6% growth in recent years to regain a consistent trade volume above $100 billion each year since 2003.
- About 80% of the flowers which are sold in the United States are imported from other countries.
- 45% of all flowers which are grown for sale are discarded before they ever generate revenues.
- For the ones that are purchased by customers, 36% of them are used for home decorations.
- 65% of customers in the United States say that receiving flowers helps them to feel special.
- 60% say that they believe a gift of flowers offers a special meaning that is unlike any other gift that could be given.
- 77% of customers in the United States say that people who get flowers are considered to be thoughtful individuals.
- 70% say that the color of the flowers chosen adds an impact to the overall gift.
- 92% of women say that the best reason to receive flowers as a gift is because someone just wants to offer them without any specific meaning behind the gesture.
- 89% of people say that they remember the last time that they gave someone flowers, while 77% of women say that they remember the last time someone gave them industry products.
- Although fresh flowers are typically the product most associated with the flower industry, outdoor bedding and garden plants represent 46% of the revenues earned each year.
- 63% of the customers who work with the flower industry say that they are purchasing products for themselves instead of as a gift.
- Birthdays are the most popular reason why flowers are purchased for someone as a gift, representing 12% of the reasons or occasions for a sale.
- Anniversaries are a close second, also at 12%.
- They are followed by appreciation gifts (6%), home decoration (5%0, congratulations gifts (5%), and romance (4%).
- 82% of the transactions that occur for all holidays in the flower industry occur during three events.
- Valentine’s Day (30%), Christmas and Chanukah (26%), and Mother’s Day (26%).
- These holidays also represent 81% of the revenues that active businesses earn throughout the year.
- Although only 2% of the flowers that are sold each year are for Father’s Day gifts, these sales represent 4% of the total revenues the industry earns each year.
- 64% of consumers who purchase flowers from the industry say that they are buying them for their mother, who is by far the most common recipient of industry items.
- Spouses represent 28% of the gifts bought each year, while 19% are headed to a motherin.
- 76% of the fresh flowers that are grown in the United States come from California.
- New Jersey and Oregon follow with 4% each respectively.
- 78% of the floriculture products that are imported by the United States come from Colombia, while 15% originate in Ecuador.
- 73% of Americans say that they have a high appreciation of flowers, with the younger generations being more likely to make a purchase from the industry.
- 76% of Millennials compared to 72% of Baby Boomers.
- Approximately 40% of Americans say that professionals from the flower industry helped them in a current or past relationship.
- Although the industry is still valued at more than $100 billion, it has taken consecutive years of 6% growth to achieve this restoration.
- attach_money Market Size $5bn business Number of Businesses 33,069 poll Average Industry Profit Margin x.x% Purchase this report or a membership to unlock the average company profit margin for this industry.
- Retailing complimentary gift items 00.5% increase 0.
- A statistic that shocks many new store owners is the amount of stock that has to be tossed out on a daily basis a whopping 45% of all flowers die and have to be discarded before they are ever sold.
- Tied into this is the fact that 80% of flowers sold in the USA are imported from other countries.
- Women are the largest consumers of flowers, with almost 80% percent of flower sales being attributed to female customers.
- Also, it’s interesting to note that over 60% of flower sales are bought for the person who is actually buying them.
- While flowers are a sure bet for big calendar days, an interesting flower shop statistic is that 50% of sales are attributed to non.
- The percentage of service conducted online is expected to increase in 2020, representing a potential opportunity for the industry.
- According to a new report by global payments provider Align Commerce, $670 million will be spent on importing flowers for Valentine’s Day this year.
- About 80 percent of its flowers are sourced from California.
- Florists Employees in the US in 2023 0.2% Florists in the US Employment Growth in 2023 2.9% Florists in the US Annualized Employment Growth 2017–2023 Purchase this report or a membership to unlock our data for this industry.
- The number of people employed in the Florists industry in the US declined 2.9% on average over the five years between 2017 and 2023.
- Consumer purchase data shows that in 2010 more than 25 percent of adults bought florals for Mother’s Day gifts.
- Fresh flowers accounted for 63 percent of the purchases.
- Another 35 percent were in the form of outdoor bedding and garden plants, and 22 percent were.
- Another 12 percent of the overall purchases were for green, indoor houseplants.
- Flower Recipients Data collected by a 2005 IPSOS Insight FloralTrends Consumer Tracking Study shows that 58 percent of the flowers purchased for Mother’s Day were bought as gifts for mothers.
- About 28 percent of the flowers sold for Mother’s Day were purchased as gifts for a wife and 17 percent for a motherin.
- Overall, industry revenue is expected to rise at an annualised 0.9% over the five years through 2021 22, to $871.3 million….
- attach_money Market Size $871m business Number of Businesses 2,751 poll Average Industry Profit Margin x.x% Purchase this report or a membership to unlock the average company profit margin for this industry.
- The Netherlands is where it’s at when it comes to the trade of cut flowers globally, with this north western European country accounting for more than 40% of the total.
- While they may only be responsible for a small percentage of retail sales totals, there is nonetheless space for smart machines that provide flowers 24 hours a day, seven days a week, which can then be delivered by services like Lyft and Uber.
I know you want to use Florist Software, thus we made this list of best Florist Software. We also wrote about how to learn Florist Software and how to install Florist Software. Recently we wrote how to uninstall Florist Software for newbie users. Don’t forgot to check latest Florist statistics of 2023.
- whydoeseverythingsuck – .
- brandongaille – .
- ibisworld – .
- trulyexperiences – .
- safnow – .
- zippia – .
- thefloristguide – .
- ibisworld – .
- hanafloristpos – .
- smallbiztrends – .
- ibisworld – .
- proflowers – .
- ibisworld – .
How Useful is Florist
At first glance, one might assume that purchasing flowers from a florist is a trivial task that could easily be done independently. However, what distinguishes a florist from a common individual is their deep understanding of the intricacies of flowers. Florists possess an extensive knowledge of different flower species, their respective seasons, and the optimal conditions required for their growth. Providing this vital information helps customers make informed decisions about which flowers to select for any given occasion.
Furthermore, florists can offer invaluable advice on color coordination, flower arrangements, and suitable flower combinations. Choosing the perfect set of blooms to convey specific emotions or messages can be a daunting task for any ordinary individual. Florists, however, possess a keen sense of aesthetics and are skilled at creating visually appealing arrangements that perfectly suit the occasion. Their guidance ensures that the meaning behind the flowers is effectively communicated, be it love, friendship, sympathy, or joy.
Moreover, the expertise of florists extends beyond mere aesthetic considerations. One might think that flowers serve no practical purpose other than being ornamental, but this couldn’t be further from the truth. Florists can guide customers in selecting flowers with specific meanings or symbolic value. In many cultures, flowers hold deep significance and can convey messages that words sometimes struggle to articulate. Florists can impart valuable information about these meanings, helping customers find the perfect flowers to express their emotions or intentions.
Additionally, florists contribute to economic sustainability through their unique trade. Responsible florists source their flowers from local nurseries or flowers farms, supporting local businesses and promoting environmentally friendly practices. By continuing to engage with local florists, customers can feel confident that they are playing a part in sustainable agriculture and helping reduce the carbon footprint of the flower industry.
Finally, convenience is a factor that cannot be underestimated when considering the usefulness of a florist. In today’s fast-paced world, time is of the essence, and individuals often find themselves strapped for it. Florists save customers the hassle of researching, sourcing, and arranging specific flowers by providing a one-stop-shop for all their floral needs. Whether it’s a bouquet for a loved one or elaborate floral decorations for a wedding, the expertise of a florist saves customers valuable time and effort.
In conclusion, when it comes to the usefulness of florists, overlooking their role as skilled professionals would be a mistake. From their knowledgeable advice on flower selection to their artistic touch in creating stunning arrangements, florists take the gift of flowers several steps further. By accounting for traditional symbolism, supporting local businesses, and saving customers time, the value that florists add to our lives becomes undeniable. So, the next time a celebration is on the horizon or an expression of emotion is in order, seek the expertise of a florist and witness the transformative power they possess.
Be it Florist benefits statistics, Florist usage statistics, Florist productivity statistics, Florist adoption statistics, Florist roi statistics, Florist market statistics, statistics on use of Florist, Florist analytics statistics, statistics of companies that use Florist, statistics small businesses using Florist, top Florist systems usa statistics, Florist software market statistics, statistics dissatisfied with Florist, statistics of businesses using Florist, Florist key statistics, Florist systems statistics, nonprofit Florist statistics, Florist failure statistics, top Florist statistics, best Florist statistics, Florist statistics small business, Florist statistics 2023, Florist statistics 2021, Florist statistics 2023 you will find all from this page. 🙂
We tried our best to provide all the Florist statistics on this page. Please comment below and share your opinion if we missed any Florist statistics.