How to host a webinar is perhaps the first question that people interested in webinars have in mind.
A webinar, as a digital marketing strategy, is here to stay. With what is happening now in this world, with the pandemic and all, there is no denying that all activities are done through online events. Individuals can easily connect viewers across the world with just one click.
Webinars are simply web-based seminars for generating leads across the globe. As it is an online presentation or video conferencing, people can record and watch it later in their leisure time or convenient times.
In any webinar software, worrying about time zones, the global pandemic, and even logistical inconvenience is no more than just a dream. Webinars show the power of living in a digital world.
Hosting a Webinar
A webinar is one of the smart digital marketing tools. Hosting webinars means communicating through web-based seminars. From the farthest part of the world, down to the deepest, simply sit in front of a computer, and voila! Watch, listen, and communicate with each other through a video presentation, chats, or forums.
The live conversation at webinars involves talking to the potential audience while comfortably sitting in front of a computer, a tablet, or even a cellphone. An essential tool for you is your desktop since it is where you can show digital graphs, keynotes, and pictures and share all these with your attendees and actual customers.
In ending your program, the suggestion is for you to send a recording to attendees just in case someone missed a certain part of the online meeting. For assessment, a quick survey will significantly help you to know what went well and what needs improvement. You can find your strengths and weaknesses, which you could use to design your following future webinars.
You must not miss discovering how to cite a webinar APA so that you can choose the best webinar software for whatever topic you are hoping to discuss. However, if you want, you may try using free webinar software to experience it first before choosing which you will use for your business or any discussions online.
The ‘Why’ in Hosting
Conducting a meeting or gathering people in this time of pandemic is quite impossible. However, thanks to digital technology, converging people in one place is easy as 1-2-3. By hosting a webinar, you can easily conduct larger audience interaction. Here are several reasons why webinars have become an effective way for people to communicate:
- Remarkable Value Delivered – face to face meeting is quite an expensive one; whether a corporate or business conference, assemblies, or even seminar, the cost must always be considered first.
- Allows you to be an Expert in your field – a webinar will enable you to share valuable information that you know well to a captured audience. Engaging in delivering information in the proper way allows people to perceive you as an expert, if not making you an expert for real.
- Higher Sales Less Work – meetings participants in webinars allow sales to skyrocket with the smallest effort possible. You can do soft selling for participants in this platform, as people take part from a location most convenient to them. The comfort makes it easy to convince them.
- Breaks Geographical Barriers – you get to communicate with as many people from as many parts of the world as possible. Participants can sit down in the comfort of their home, wherever that may be in the world, while they watch and listen to your webinar.
Breaking the Why in Hosting a Webinar
- Make Audience More Engaged – Engagement is the key part. Engaging your audience is the most essential factor in any webinar or gathering for that matter. Why? A webinar is a live event seen virtually by many. It allows content delivered for audiences effectively. Your participants can react or comment on you, your content, and even the product that you are selling in the process of your webinar.
- Set Out New Leads – this means that the program allows converting people to new customers. It is also built-in targeted marketing for requesting information to offer tailored content to customers. With proper Instagram management, Facebook ads, and Twitter posts, you can reach out to and engage a huge number of prospects. Registration also leads to email addresses from the audience, which may serve as a tool to follow up, which may serve as a tool to follow up or starting an email newsletter. All these give you opportunities to convince and convert participants to purchase your good or service.
- Guest and Speakers are Easy to Invite – guest speakers help add to your credibility and the credibility of the product you are promoting. If you’re a suitable speaker, you can have a single-speaker format, however, having a co-host allows you to reach more audience.
- More Return to Investments – Online meetings is much cheaper than a face-to-face meeting since you don’t have to pay for and set up a physical venue. You, therefore, have the freedom to spend less, putting you in a better position to make a positive return on investment.
How to Host a Webinar
Think and Choose
- Choose a webinar platform
Choosing the right Webinar will let you find one that works best for you and within your budget. There are so many options. There are free webinar platforms like Zoho and paid ones for businesses like GoToWebinar. The paid options include WebinarJam, EverWebinar, and so on. They have a 14-day free trial service. In the meantime, you should learn how to start a successful blog and share educational content to attract a bigger audience to you webinar.
- Find a presenter and a topic to discuss
Finding good presenter matters just like the webinar topic. The expertise of the presenters gauges the authority in the field or help topic. If you’ll be discussing the topic of blockchain, for example, make sure to speak about crypto heatmaps, DeFi, and other related terms. Bear in mind that an excellent presenter doesn’t just talk. He/she must be able to engage audiences with their presenting styles, for example, using clever similes, metaphors, and witty jokes, etc. to pique attendee interest and grab their attention throughout the webinar session.
- Schedule a date and time for your webinar
Scheduling date and time matters, and you have to consider the time zones and time differences.
- Create your webinar content
Things needed to do in Webinar content are Script, Presentation, Registration Page, Email signature marketing campaigns, Social Media posts, Blog, Website Promotions. Make sure that content is always branded and matches your website. Additionally, also integrate good web hosting for WordPress for your visitors’ security. Have a proper introductory slide on your slide presentation. Make no mistakes when preparing your script. It is important to have proper planning while writing the script.
- Invite and Promote Potential Attendees
Do this for further reference. Promote your webinars through guest posts, blogs, social media, email, and other ways. Get an attendee list with the names of attendees. Send them promotional and follow-up emails.
Before Running and Hosting a Webinar :
- Practice Run – Find 5 minutes before you run your Webinar for little details that need attention. Studio Space Preparation – It is time to consider the background for your Webinar’s added personality. No Noise distraction, it should be your clear voice. Make sure to have all the equipment handy.
- Time to host your Webinar – You start your Webinar early for the final details. While you are on hosting, encourage the audience to participate. Please find a way to catch their attention, and do not forget to record.
- Analyze Results – Metrics such as the number of people who registered but did not attend as against the number who attended.
- Make a Follow-Up – after the hosting, you have to attend to new email addresses and contacts to follow.
Remember the Following Tasks:
- Thank the audience – Thank your attendees through emails. Especially those who attended the session. Provide a direct link to the recorded webinar through emails. Share interesting and related content like helpful videos, blog posts, and e-books.
- Measure their interest – Run a quick survey. Find out what they like and didn’t like about the Webinar. Asks for suggestions for topic ideas they will be interested in in the future.
- Take note of the people who did not attend – put some attention to those who did not participate in it. Send them a link to the recorded hosting with a friendly message such as “sorry we missed you.” Check out webinar statistics before you host your webinar.
Creating an attractive presentation is the first step of preparing to host a webinar. Your first slide should include technical information and an agenda for your webinar. It is important to create an engaging presentation, though, since most viewers will not be able to focus on this information. Also, keep in mind that your first webinar should be a test run before going public.
And finally, think of the objective and goals of your hosting. Find useful and trusted people to help you share what you know and engage your participants!!
Costing when you host a webinar :
Laptop – $800, Webcam – $25, Microphone – $45, and a Presentation Creation Tool you could get for free, such as Canva.
1. Create accurate and interesting content for webinars
2. Get ready to host the webinar at a perfect time – pick a user-friendly webinar
3. Start public speaking and upgrade it every day.
By default, the speaker won’t see you. But he/she can welcome you to get along with him/her on camera side by side and let you pose a question or say something. There are platforms that allow this easily as well.
Hosting webinars is not a difficult process. If you follow the step-by-step guides we shared, it will be easier to host a webinar. A lot of people choose recordings over live sessions. In that case, the audience can get the recorded events later. If chosen proper platforms and software, with engaging content, webinars can be an effective way to generate leads. To avoid bad webinars or boring webinars, you need to choose the proper type of content. For an educational webinar, it is needed to host interactive webinars.
While you host the Webinar, it’s an advantage that you could see the participants, but they won’t be able to see you. You need to engage in a deeper understanding of the presented material with the audience. While hosting, do not open any personal information screen. When you start sharing your screen for the webinar presentation, make sure you use it properly. Always give chances to the participants to allow questioning and listen to their responses. Ask us about webinar format, type of webinar, panel discussion, checklist of webinar, effective webinar, potential webinar audience, marketing presentation, recording setting, session type, correct webinar service, engaging webinar, or anything from the article.
Thanks for reading this article, Webinar Care team has worked very hard to produce this page, please share your opinion in the comment section, we are constantly trying to improve our content. Have a great day 🙂