WebinarCare is led by Steve Bennett, a seasoned expert in the business world. He's gathered a team that's passionate about giving you reliable advice on everything from starting a business to picking the right tools. We base our tips and guides on real-life experience, ensuring you get straightforward and proven advice. Our goal is to make your business journey smoother and more successful. When you choose WebinarCare, you're choosing a trustworthy guide for all things business.
Marketers and businesses around the world depend on webinars for lead generation and connecting with their potential buyers. However, there are many people who aren’t getting a fruitful outcome from their webinars. Here, in my article, I will mention some webinar statistics that every marketer should know about.
Before we begin talking about webinar statistics, you must know about how to host a webinar. Read our article on the same.
On this page, you’ll learn about the following:
If you’re considering putting on a webinar, you’ll want to know some webinar statistics. Depending on the type of content you’re planning to offer, you can expect to have between two and four thousand attendees. According to BigMarker, 25% of webinar attendees won’t sign up until the day of the live session. While some reports say that the majority of registrations occurred one to two weeks before the event. Findings say that four out of five attendees hate poor presenters.
According to studies, webinar metrics are important before hosting a webinar and generating some leads for your business. Along with webinar topics, citing a webinar, webinar format, and leads, it is important to know about the facts and figures related to it. There are a few webinar stats one needs to consider:
Webinar General Statistics
1. As per the market study, the percentage of webinar attendees is 40-50% approximately. In the case of B2B marketers, the average webinar attendance can go up. But, the general stat for attendees is up to 50%.
2. For any business, lead generation is the key agenda. According to the study, around 40% of the total webinar audiences convert into lead generation.
3. In the case of B2B marketing, webinar hosts make the most out of it. 73% of the total attendees turn into lead generation.
4. On the other hand, in B2C webinars, the lead generation survey shows 20% to 40%.
5. Following the recent surveys, the overall conversion rates are from 40% to 55% in 2018. For 100 registrants, up to 40% attend the webinar. Of more than 100 registrants, around 57% attend the webinar.
6. Only 2-5% of attendees purchase offers by the host at the end of the webinar.
7. Be it B2B marketers or B2C, webinar content is massively used (around 60%) as a part of content marketing.
8. Hosts have to spend at least $100 for conducting a webinar. The average webinar cost can go up to $3000. It includes the content, webinar software, and other elements related to webinars. Investment in webinars can be varied.
Webinar Registration Statistics
9. An average of 260 people register for a single webinar, stats say. Among them, only 40-50% attend the webinar.
10. Most of the people, say, around 29% of people register on the day of the webinar. More than 30% of people register a week before. Around 15% of people register before 15 days of the webinar.
11. 78% of marketing webinars have less than or equal to 50 people attending them.
12. Webinar registration pages should not be longer than 6 pages. Studies show users prefer 5-6 pages registration than a longer one.
13. 65% of people register via email for a webinar. As per the On24 survey, 10% of people register on the day of the webinar.
14. It is necessary to have an easy registration process. Having a complex sign-up process can low down the number of registrants.
15. The average number of webinars that take place in a year is 23-25. The market says monthly 2 webinars will impact more than having webinars every now and then.
Webinar Content Statistics
16. 29% of the marketing webinars are from the technology & SaaS industry.
17. The creativity and uniqueness of the content make a lot of difference to the webinar leads. Video content in webinars is much more engaging than others.
18. 7.8 out of 10 average attendance turns into qualified leads when your webinar has video content, as per the webinar attendance statistics. High-quality videos make the webinars more successful than normal webinars.
19. It has been seen that list webinars are taking the top positions in the world of webinars. Survey says, in a 1 to 5 chart, ‘Lists’ and ‘How to’ webinar titles make their decent positions.
20. Around 82% of people like to have live questions and answer sessions at the end of the webinar. This helps potential buyers to get more personalized information regarding the product/service.
21. 34% of the attendees shows interest in polls while watching the webinar.
Webinar Software Statistics
22. 74% of the webinars are conducted through the webinar software platform, the rest are hosting on YouTube and Vimeo.
23. 91% of people prefer desktops while attending webinars to other devices. While hosting your webinar, make sure to use the proper technique so that people can attend them using a desktop.
24. Though 91% of people prefer desktop, yet 25% of people prefer mobile devices to attend webinars.
25. 50% of hosts record their webinars on Webcam beforehand. They use the stimulator feature to make it live on the webinar day.
Webinar Promotion Statistics
26. Email is the most effective and powerful tool for marketing webinars. Along with webinar promo emails, social media posts would also be an effective promotional tool.
27. The best time to promote your webinar is mid-week. Send promotional emails 15 days before the main webinar. Make sure the email doesn’t go to spam.
28. 1 webinar per week is recommended. People tend to attend webinars once a week. 10 am-11 am is the best time to host a webinar.
29. Start your week with a webinar. Host your webinar either on Monday or Tuesday.
30. According to webinar engagement statistics, the webinar duration should be up to 50 minutes. Shorter webinars are more fruitful than longer ones. Minimum 30 minute-long webinars and maximum 50-60 minute webinars help you gain quality leads.
31. The average viewing time of most of the webinars is around 57 minutes. That’s why it is wise to have a maximum of 60-minute long webinars, instead of 90-minute webinars.
Webinar Optimization Statistics
32. The most popular type of webinars is educational webinars with 60% attendees. 50% of the people prefer demos and approx 50% of people prefer technical and support related webinars.
33. 35% of the brands use their customers’ positive feedback in their webinars.
34. 91% of people think that having pre-recorded webinars save plenty of time and energy. However, having an entire webinar pre-recorded is not a good option for marketing.
35. 58% of the webinars are both on-demand & live. On-demand webinars can be replyed to watch later.
36. Post-webinar feedback is important for the hosts. Make sure to follow-up with the attendees for their feedback on your webinar.
37. Resource Benefits are important. 69% of the webinar attendees find resources beneficial when they watch webinars.
38. Around 32% of people prefer knowledgeable and passionate hosts. Apart from content, a smart host makes a lot of difference.
39. 75% of B2B professionals admit that webinars help to low down cost-per-lead in marketing.
The average attendance rate is 40%. Approximately 40% of registrants actually attend the webinars.
You have to present original and relevant content. Also, not to forget an interactive, live Q&A session towards the end of the webinar would attract more attendees. Make sure to host a shorter webinar of 45 minutes approx.
Surprisingly, more than 65% of people do not attend the whole webinar. They leave midway. Because they don’t find the webinar fruitful or engaging. According to webinar marketing statistics , 45% of marketers use emails to promote their upcoming live online events.
Before you start hosting webinars for your business, it is important to know about the webinar marketing statistics. This reflects the market scenario and types of webinars you can use for marketing. Share your views in the comment section below. Tell us about how you host/attend the webinar. Ask us about successful webinar, webinar benchmark,webinar conversion rate,content marketing strategy, potential audience,attendee conversion rate,training webinar,education webinar,effective webinar promotion,blog post,internal training webinar, aspects of webinar, approach to webinar or anything from the article in the comment box below.
Thanks for reading this article, Webinar Care team has worked very hard to produce this page, please share your opinion in the comment section, we are constantly trying to improve our content. Have a great day 🙂